Your Home's Air Quality Matters
What you don't know can hurt you. Whether you have a new home, an older property or are looking to buy purchase, understanding indoor air quality is important. A Home Air Check Professional indoor air quality survey uses state of the art technology to measure and report on the air in the home. The system measures levels of hundreds of organic chemicals and actively growing mold all in one test. The report identifies issues that could be detrimental to your health or that could cost you thousands of dollars to remediate if left undetected.
What An Indoor Air Quality Survey Does
- Provides a Composite Look at Home Indoor Air Quality
- An Inexpensive Overview of Home Indoor Air Quality Thiat Allows You to Assess Whether More In-Depth Testing Is Required
- Measures Hundreds of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hidden Active Mold Growth - All with a Single Test
- Identifies Air Pollutants That Could Make You and Your Family Sick
- Helps Answer âWhatâs in the air?â
- Identifies Solvents Associated with Former Meth Labs
- Identifies Sulfur Compounds Found in Contaminated Drywall (Chinese Drywall)
- Formaldehyde Test Also Available (additional charge applies)
How We Do It
It all starts with a call. We can schedule an appointment in parallel with your Walker Property Evaluation Services property inspection or a stand-a-lone visit. The sampling process is simple and non-invasive. The technology uses a state of the art Gas Mass Spectrometer, similar to what is seen on TV programs like CSItm and NCIStm.
- Once on-site, we collect the air sample using a calibrated air pump system
- Most homes up to 2,000 square feet require 1 air sample, larger homes may require more
- The air sample collection takes about 2-3 hours
- The sample tube is sent to Prism Analytical Technologies for analysis using a Gas Mass Spectrometer
- The results are analized using a proprietary analysis program and then reviewed by a technician
- The analysis report is generated and identifies probable sources for each chemical group
- Your results are emailed back, generally in 2 to 3 business days from the receipt of the sample
Why Walker Property Evaluation Services and Prism Analytical Technologies?
• Both are Names You Can Trust
• Skip Walker Has Performed Almost 4,000 Property Inspections, CREIA Master Inspector, ASHI ACI, Published Over 20 Articles, CREIA Inspector of the Year, 2011, Featured in the SF Chronicle, Interviewed by the SF Chronicle, CBS San Francisco, Columbus Dispatch and ABC Atlanta
• Prism Analytical Technologies Has Been A Leader In Indoor Air Quality Testing For Over 20 Years, Serves Many Fortune 1000 Clients, Proprietary Technology Brings Makes Sophisticated Analysis Affordable For the First Time
An Action Plan to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Walker Property Evaluation Services, a Home Air Check Certifed
Professional, provides you with the only composite home indoor air
quality assessment available today. The test measures hundreds of
chemicals in the air called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and
actively growing mold all with a single air sample. It not only reports
on the total levels of VOCs and mold (MVOCs) present in the home, but it
also identifies the potential sources of air pollutants (e.g., paint,
adhesives, flooring, cabinets, heating fuel, dead animals and hundreds
of other products and materials that emit gases into the air).
This gives you actionable information on the steps necessary to improve
your indoor air quality.
Should your test results indicate excessive VOC levels and you want to know specifically what chemicals are present, a more detailed analysis can be requested (additional charge applies) that gives a complete breakdown of the top 10 chemical compounds in the air. All with no need to take another air sample. A trained chemist will be available to you to assist with interpretation of the analysis results.